Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Test Results

Dr. Baker called (love that!) just now saying Parker's right kidney is enlarged or dilated. He mentioned this to us when we met with him on Monday, as this happens a lot in babies this young. The condition is known as Hydronephrosis and is explained in detail here (with pictures):

http://www.pedisurg.com/PtEduc/Antenatal_Hydronephrosis.htm

Dr. Baker has ordered some more tests to confirm this diagnosis. It is possible that these additional tests could show an immature kidney/bladder function as opposed to blockage.

I know nothing more and no, I am not going to Google it because you only find the worst cases, it seems, on the internet. As always, we'll keep praying and I hope you will too. More to come...

BTW...I think it's kind of odd that I had kidney stones while I was pregnant with Parker and now he is having kidney problems....hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment