Thursday, February 10, 2011

::Sigh::

Our registration fee for MDO was due by today so we made the final decision to start Parker in August. I was a little concerned at first about the class he was going to be in. Since his birthday is in September, he will be in the 1s class. I was really wanting him to be in the 2s class but I do not want to be that parent that thinks they know everything. A very dear friend encouraged me to talk to the director because as a parent, I know my child....as a director, she knows the curriculum. I thought this was very good advice! So, Bryan went into work late and we started our day off with breakfast:

And then went to the school:

The office manager and director were very nice and explained that Parker's class is made up of kids who will turn 2 between September and November. It made us (really just me) feel a lot better. I just did not want Parker to be in a class with kids that had just turned one. He will be in the older 1s class. We paid our registration fee (kinda seals the deal) and toured the school. We met Parker's teachers and saw his classroom. We saw the other classes, a music class and the computer/literacy class. It was really neat to see all the kids working, having fun, doing art and then also seeing all their artwork hanging on the walls. On a side note, the one thing that I am bummed about is that the 1s class does not go to Chapel like the 2s class does.

He will start school on August 29th and will only go one day a week (Wednesday). More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment