Friday, July 23, 2010

We Made Velcro Boards

Recently my neighbor showed me a website (Montessori based) where this lady made some Velcro Boards for her kids. I thought the idea behind it was neat so I gathered all the materials up and we made one yesterday. They turned out really cute so I invited some other friends over today so they could make one for their little ones. Here's how it starts:

On a small piece of board, you stick on a strip of velcro (thanks husband for cutting these):

Then you pick out some colorful blocks, cups, balls, toys, etc. and stick some velcro to each item:


And then you have a Velcro Board:

I was able to get all the supplies together and laid out so that everyone was able to assemble a board quickly....you know toddlers don't stay in one place too long:

Parker seems to like his a lot. He takes each item off, looks at it, tastes it and then puts it back on the board. I have to hold the board so that he can pull the items off but soon he'll get the hang of it and be able to do it on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment