Sunday, August 8, 2010

Look How Far We've Come!

This is me 11 months ago today.....

When I look at this photo this is what I see:
*A girl that is tired because it was 2:45am (we had to be at the hospital at 4am)
*A girl that has no idea how much life is about to change
*A girl that has no idea how to be a parent
*A girl that doesn't cry much
*A girl that is very organized, in control and thrives on routine

My how times have changed. The first 4 months went by so slow and were so rough. I seriously did not think that we would make it through. But these past 7 months have been so fun and have flown by so fast! A month from now, my little boy will be a year old! A YEAR OLD....

There have already been tears, some anxiety and questions about whether or not to let Parker turn one. I always thought it was silly when parents got emotional about their kids growing up, meeting milestones and so on but now I completely understand. During the first 4 months of Parker's life, I wanted him to hurry up and be 3 years old. Now, I would like him to stay 10 months old until I say he can grow up. There are still so many new things that he is doing or we are doing as a family so I just want time to slow down just a bit!

This morning we visited a new Church with an old friend and it was the FIRST time Parker was able to go into the service with us. Our Church doesn't allow children in the sanctuary so I always stay in the foryer and watch the service from there. Alone. So today as we were sitting there together as a family, listening to the music and while Parker was taking in all the sites, I thought to myself how blessed I am to have a husband and a little boy. I pray that we will always be able to worship together.

This afternoon we will be shopping for Parker's FIRST pair of walking shoes. He is not wild about shoes and socks but I think it's a must since he is walking now.

And this past week, Parker started jumping in his bed for the FIRST time. And he would much rather play in his bed than come to us when we go into get him. I guess Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed is rubbing off...HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment