Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Very Special Day

Today marks my 34th birthday and it was super sweet! This year I have not one but two boys, two healthy puppies, I have a super supportive family and lots of new and old friends that inspire me on a daily basis! Today started off with a trip to the Dallas Museum of Art with Parker and some other friends. We had a nice lunch, enjoyed some exhibits and met the museum mascot.

We then headed home for a nap and then Bryan got home a little early and took Parker and me to Dimples for cupcakes and then to dinner. Today, we had dessert first! I had a Lemon Delight cupcake and Bryan had Cookies & Cream. Parker had some of both. And the flavors we brought home: Chocolate Peanut Butter, Wedding Cake and Red Velvet. I never knew a little cupcake could taste so good!

Parker's first bite of my "birthday cake".

Me and one of my boys, taken by my other boy!

I had such a great day! This time last year I was almost 9 months pregnant and feeling a lot of emotions. I wondered what my life would be like as a stay at home wife and mother, I wondered how a new addition would change our life, I wondered what kind of friends I would have once our new addition arrived and I also wondered how the dynamics of our family would change. Over the past year I have learned this: God ALWAYS has a bigger and better plan....much bigger than you pray and wish for! Thank you loved ones and friends for your birthday wishes, calls and gifts!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful day! I was so glad to share part of it with you. And so true.....God does ALWAYS have a bigger, better plan!

    ReplyDelete