Thursday, January 14, 2010

I Got a Sick Little Boy

Parker started with a mild cough and congestion on Tuesday. By last night, the cough was a lot worse. We've continued to run the humidifier, put saline drops in his nose and give him steam baths but his cough was worrying us.

I took him into see the doctor this morning and he has Bronchiolitis. See this for more information: http://www.drgreene.com/21_1040.html They did a breathing treament on him while we were in the office (what a pain) and then sent us home with one! Ugh! However, the treatment that we are doing at home is not the same. When we do our first one, I'll have Bryan take a picture to post and detail that more. If his breathing gets more labored, we'll call the doctor. The doctor's office gave us several pages of instructions and information---I love that!

Parker is now snoring on my shoulder. Last night he slept from 8:30pm to 5:00am! It was wonderful! Bryan and I kept waking up to make sure he was ok. I am glad he can rest well. He does cough a lot while he's sleeping but has been going back to sleep right away.

Well, I will have to cancel our plans for tomorrow and reschedule our Tuesday play date....I got to get this boy well and not get any other kids sick in the process!

More info to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment