Friday, November 26, 2010

The Day After Thanksgiving Traditions

Today (note the exact date of this post) we went to get an Angel off the Salvation Army Angel Tree and picked out an ornament for Parker. We did this last year so I guess this means we have a new tradition. And what a wonderful tradition it is!

Our Angel this year is Olivher, who is 17 months old. We try to get a boy who is around the same age Parker is at the time. Olivher wants a sweater and a musical toy. I hope to fulfill his wishes and get him a couple other items. Please pray for Olivher. I have no idea what kind of environment he lives in but my prayer is that it's warm and safe and loving. We may not have loads of money but we are always warm and can provide Parker with weather appropriate clothes. And of course, we give him TONS of love. I am very well aware that there are a lot of kids out there that don't have this. This makes my heart hurt for them. I hope that our small contribution will help baby Olivher.

We then visited our local Hallmark where Bryan and Parker "discussed" what ornament to get this year. Since this is mainly a tradition that Bryan's family does, I let Bryan pick out the ornament. This year, Parker got the Christmas Countdown Santa. Now we know exactly how many days, hours, minutes and seconds until Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment