Sunday, November 21, 2010

I Request a Week Do-Over!

Our boy started the week not eating very well. I thought it might be because his bottom molars were coming in (yes, that will be TWELVE teeth!). His gums were more swollen than normal and so we just loaded him up with milk. On Wednesday night, Parker hit the edge of our coffee table with the side of his head. It hit so hard, it hurt my head! It bled for a short time and we put some ice on it. I gave him a lollipop, let my neighbor check him out and read a little about head injuries in my AAP book. We decided there was no reason to take him to the ER but we did a little more checking on him during the night than normal. However, by the next morning, he had ME worried. He slept until 8:15am, did not want breakfast (milk or waffles) and by 9am, he was wanting to go back to bed. On our way to his bedroom, he vomited. Then I was really worried. After I put him down (I might not should have done that....), I called the pedi and they asked me to bring him in after he woke from his nap. THREE hours later, he woke from his nap and I took him in to see Dr. Eastman. After a lot of poking and prodding, Dr. Eastman determined that Parker has a mild concussion. It was also possible that he has a stomach bug. Neither could be confirmed but instructions were given for both.

After 4 days of little to no water or food, 3 missed playdates, 1 missed wedding, more vomit and 1 missed birthday party, I think we might be on the mend. I say might because he started the day off eating and drinking like normal. He also had a little bit more pep in his step. By late afternoon, he was beginning to act like he didn't feel good again. I thought it would be good for us to get out of the house (but not too close to other kiddos) so we went to the park (btw, the same park that we took our Thanksgiving pictures at last year). We had a good time walking around but you could tell he just wasn't 100%. I plan to take him back to the doctor in the morning to make sure he is progressing. Both Bryan and I haven't been feeling that great either but we both just have some allergy problems (I hope the freeze on Thursday will help that!). I am praying for a FULL recovery by Wednesday. I will update after our appointment tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment