Monday, November 1, 2010

Post Halloween Excitement

Our day started like this...
....and ended like this....
Actually our day was good considering all the festivities from yesterday! Parker slept late this morning and took a 2 hour nap mid-day. Since Parker slept in, we did not make it to the park to meet our friends. My Mom left to go back home and then Parker and I played outside most of the day.

In the first pictures, I can explain....This wagon was given to us by one of Bryan's co-workers. We keep it outside and Parker loves pulling it around the yard. While my Mom was here, she taught him how to get in and out of it and also how to get from one car to another. So, I needed to run to the restroom (Moms can do that ya know...) and come back to a child that is squealing like a girl and is obviously in a predicament. I laughed, got the camera and ran to help him....but not before getting a few pictures! And before you start typing an email to me asking me why I let my kid play outside by himself, let me say this: HE DOES IT ALL THE TIME!!!

And the second picture.....not so funny! Parker was bringing me his Jack-in-the-Box and tripped. This is one of the first times that I didn't know what to do. He was bleeding everywhere, crying like a baby that just cut his lip open and I panicked. I got some ice, washcloth, called Bryan and asked him to come home, scooped Parker up and ran next door to let Judy look at it and then called Dr. Eastman. Once the bleeding stopped, I took him in to see Dr. Eastman. There are 2 cuts on the bottom from where his teeth cut through and the little piece of skin (I know there is a name) that connects the top lip and the gum is also cut. The top lip has a big cut in it but Dr. Eastman said they don't normally put stitches there. PTL! So, Parker had mashed potatoes and a sherbet pop for dinner. He played outside after dinner and seemed just fine. I guess this is just one of many injuries he will have...

No comments:

Post a Comment