Monday, June 6, 2011

Baby, Bouncing, Bite & Berserk

Yesterday I hosted a baby shower for Abra and Baby Ava:
And while I was doing that, Bryan took Parker to the new trampoline park near our house:
And once the shower was over and the boys were home, everyone (except me) took a nice, long nap. When Parker woke, he continued his fussiness from before nap and was limping around. Bryan thought maybe is hurt his leg or something earlier in the day. We ate dinner and then I noticed this on Parker's leg:

I will admit that I freaked a little! We headed straight to the ER and was in and out of there within 2.5 hours. After some x-rays and medication (fyi...Benadryl makes Parker berserk!), the ER dr thought it was a bite. It was very hot and swollen when we got to the ER but after an hour, it wasn't hot. And today it looks like this:

It's more like a bruise or a deep tissue injury. There is no topical rash so I don't think it's from the bounce houses but what in the world bit him? Not sure but as soon as Bryan got home last night from the ER, he totally dismantled Parker's room trying to figure it out. There is no telling....he could have been bit anywhere.


We will watch it close and then go visit Dr. Eastman tomorrow for a check-up. Prayers are appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment