Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Sad But BIG Milestone!

Today while Parker was suppose to be napping, this is what he was up to! When I first walked in the room I found him sitting on the side of his bed with his leg stuck. It made me so upset at the thought of him falling. And then I had to pull the bed away from the wall to get his leg unstuck :(

After catching him twice trying to climb out his bed, Parker had both of his parents in a little bit of a dither! I, of course, consulted with my pedi, my Toddler 411 book and my mommy-friends but I really didn't have a definite answer. Bryan and I discussed what we should do and agreed that we should: 1) buy a video monitor 2) buy a bedrail 3) put him his big boy bed (the twin bed that is in his room). I am not sure if this is the right answer but for now, it's working:

We had no intentions of doing things this way and we were not prepared for this! In the short period of time before going to bed, we talked up the big boy bed with Parker. After bathtime he was excited to use his stool to get in his bed. I set him up like I do every night and after reading 2 books, singing 4 songs and saying our prayers, I put him in the bed. I told him that the only rule when sleeping in the big boy bed was that he is to stay in the bed until Mommy and Daddy come in to get him. He cried for less than a minute and has been asleep for about an hour. I am interested to see how things go tonight and tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment