Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fire Safety Town in Frisco

It makes me sad to know that I have a TON of posts to make and I just can't find the time to do it! If I don't do a post on the same day as an event, etc., then there is no emotion in it. I forget the little things and so on. Each day I promise myself to be better because let's face it, some days I can't remember my own name.

So with that being said, this is an event from this morning! We went to the Fire Safety Town in Frisco. THIS is an amazing place! Our teacher gave us some helpful hints regarding fire and safety with little ones. The kids were able to climb on a fire truck and see/touch some of the tools firemen use:


Then we went outside for the coolest part! And by coolest, I am not talking about the temperature outside (we went at 11:30am and it was HOT!). Our teacher talked about safety on the roads, reading street signs and what to do if you encounter a fire safety vehicle:

And then we were free to explore the "town". This town was a miniature replica of the city of Frisco. There were street signs and signals, stores, banks, churches and lots of other buildings. One of the things our teacher told the kids to do is always hold an adults hand when crossing the street and never run into the road (Parker and Shelby holding hands while crossing the street):

This is a look down through the center of "town":

Once the kids get older we can bring them to an extended class where they can ride bikes and battery-powered cars to cruise the streets. This is a really neat program that teaches kids and adults all about street safety.


We will have to bring Bryan to the Friday Family Night so he can check it out with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment