Tuesday, March 2, 2010

First Ear Infection

By 1pm this afternoon, I knew something more than teething was going on with Parker. He had not had a nap since yesterday morning and he would not calm down. I took him for a ride (to Hobby Lobby, of course), gave him some meds, massaged his gums, fed him some more and even walked around the house with him for an hour. I finally called Dr. Eastman's office for an appointment. After digging (and I mean digging) out tons of wax from Parker's ear, Dr. Eastman noted that the right ear was infected. He said that it could be from when he was sick the last time. I honestly, after reading what causes ear infections, think that Parker has allergies. His eyes constantly water and he sneezes all the time. Anyway, I don't know a lot so we'll give the antibiotics some time. Dr. Eastman has said that he would send us to an allergy doctor if Parker had not improved by 6 months. Our 6 month check-up is on Monday.

In the picture above, Bryan is reading Parker a book I bought him while we were waiting for his meds to be filled (any excuse to buy a new book). I hope that he is able to rest tonight. I also hope that Bryan can rest too.....he's really tired from all the "fun" we had last night. We will now shift our prayers from no ear infections to healing AND hope that the meds will be nice to my sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment