Saturday, January 19, 2013

Baaaaad Day with Some Perks!

5am - "Mom, you said you were going to tell me a story."  Bryan and I tried to ignore him because I was NOT going to get up at this time of "night"!  Sometimes when he is having a hard time going to sleep, I will tell him that I will check on him every 10 minutes.  Well last night was no different and he pleaded for me to tell him a story when I checked on him the next time.  He fell asleep before the 10 minutes were up.  And of course he doesn't forget anything ;)  

6:45am - "Mommy, I thought you were going to tell me a story." and "I'm ready to get up."  SIGH!  And that is how our day started.  He, of course, did not have near enough sleep!  We ate cereal together for breakfast while Bryan ran some errands and then we got ready for Miss Violet's FIRST birthday party!


Upon entering the party establishment (their house), Parker burst into tears and ran from the house.  And of course everyone at the party was starring at us.  Boo!   After a few minutes, we re-entered the house with a grouchy, sour-faced little boy who shouted, "I don't like birthday parties!".  It was the beginning of the end :(

The art-themed party was so much fun, even though Mr. Grouchy Pants was not into it!  There was an AMAZING face painter lady who also did some cool balloon art.  Since Parker did not want anything to do with the face painting, I had a rocket ship painted on my hand.  Cute stuff :)  Our hostess also had finger paints and canvasses out for the kids.



After snacking, playing, eating cupcakes and collecting our sidewalk chalk party favor, we made a quick exit!  On the way home, we encountered screaming, crying (with tears!), kicking and thrashing, very similar to a possessed child.  Oh my y'all, it was the worst tantrum-meltdown episode ever seen by these two parents!  Naptime wasn't much better but after being in his room for an hour, he fell asleep for maybe 45 minutes.  Not near enough time for me to get rid of my headache!  We had an early dinner, got the boy a real haircut (I will spare you the details of this but it resembled the scenario above) and then headed to Stonebriar Mall for some retail therapy ;)

While there, Parker enjoyed his FIRST trip to the Lego Store.





This looooong day ended with a bath, some Lego building and DVR-watching with my main man :)  Being three is tough these days y'all.  Please say a little prayer for my little boy, he's trying really hard to be good these days but without sleep, he's not that sweet ;)

Hugs,
Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment