Thursday, January 17, 2013

IKEA, Fever & No Mommy-Time!

Our morning started early....like 7:15am!  No more sleeping until 8:30am.  Those days are long gone I guess :(  We grabbed breakfast and headed to IKEA to get some items.  Since we arrived right at 10am, we were among the first TEN people in the entire store.  And that is why we go during the week and not on the weekends.  That place is CRAZY on the weekends :)  We spent an entire hour just browsing....testing out the couches, playing in the kid area, pretending we lived in one of the teeny tiny apartments they have set up and of course, checking out all the mirrors:




Funny stuff!  Two hours and $70 later, we headed home for a nap.  The boy told me that he did not get enough sleep in the night so he was very sleepy.  BUT he wanted nothing to do with a nap.  He insisted on a quiet time in our bed, with the iPad.  I was able to catch up on some blog reading so I was not going to argue.  While resting, Parker complained that he was hot.  His cheeks were beat red.  His temp was 100 and he moped around until Bryan got home.  The evening activities were cut short and he was in bed early.  As I type, he is resting and does not have any other symptoms so I guess we'll see how things go during the night and tomorrow morning.  

And as I type, Bryan is still working!  He has a big release tonight so it might be a long night for him.  I was suppose to meet Patty and Blackmon for coffee and dessert but that didn't work out.  I was afraid of having a sick kid and a husband on a conference call at the same time.  Those two things don't mix!  I am very sad to be missing my best girls tonight though!!!

Praying for a healthy boy in the morning!
Carey

P.S. - my blogging is not flowing naturally for me these days but give it some time, I will reconnect soon ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment