Thursday, April 7, 2011

First Day of Kindermusik

As you may (or may not) know, music is not really my thing. I haven't exposed Parker to a lot of it but he seems to love when we play with instruments or groove to the music that is playing. Background noises annoy me so we are either doing music or not. Got it?!? Anyway, after our last music class, I was pretty much done. It may have been Parker's age, or that is was early in the mornings or maybe it was the teacher. It didn't matter much at the time. However, I've come around and we've decided to try a different class. Michelle mentioned that she wanted to try Kindermusik so I thought it was worth a try. We joined Michelle/Austin and Cheryl/Luke. Parker started crying as soon as we walked in the class (and we were the first ones there). This is so not like Parker at all! He seemed really clingy for the entire class....I am still wondering why. Anyway, to our surprise, Kim/Davin are in our class as well. We are very happy to have so many friends joining us. I had a very good time and really like the teacher. We used 3 different types of instruments, danced, sang, had storytime and listened to different sounds:


I didn't take many pictures today but I am sure that we'll have more to show in the future. This is a 10 week class that meets on Thursdays at 9am, at a rec center very close to our house. Our teacher is Karen and she has a little one that is a couple months older than Parker. I am hopeful that Parker will be more open next week and enjoy it a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment