Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Lesson....on Sliding

Today was about resting (after a nice birthday celebration yesterday) and finding a slide for Parker. Parker LOVES to "side". Sometimes we are not sure if he is saying outside or slide. They both sound the same. Anyway, I looked online and the new ones were a little more than what we wanted to spend. I checked on Craigslist and there was one for $10. GREAT! Well as you know with Craigslist, it's hit or miss. So mid-day, after not hearing from the Craigslist person, we went to the toy store to get us a slide. At least that is what I thought AND what I told Parker. Bryan had a different plan. The slide we found was $50 and much more than we wanted to spend but it was the only one in the store and Parker tried it out and loved it. We actually put it in our cart and everything. We were not sure about the price so we took it up front to verify. When Bryan found out that it was $50 he said we were not getting it. I was sick! I told Parker we were going to get it and take it home and play with it. I gave him my word and the thought of me having to break my word to him, made me sick to my stomach. This may be silly to you but.... I know there will be times that I will have to go back on my word or break a promise to him because of circumstances I can't control, however, this was not one of those times. I seriously was in tears!!! As we were taking the slide back to put on the shelf, we heard from the Craigslist person and we told her we would be there in a jiffy. After my "almost" meltdown, we brought a "side" home for Parker's enjoyment. He's already spent hours on it :) So, the lesson I learned was to make sure that Bryan and I are always on the same page!
(Parker is walking his Elmo up the steps to slide)

No comments:

Post a Comment