Monday, April 11, 2011

Musically Challenged

Before I begin I need to tell you a story so that you will understand my challenges! When I was in the 5th grade, the band directors from the middle school (at the time, that was 6th - 8th grades) came to our music class to "test" us for band. Basically it was a written and verbal test on notes and sounds. A couple weeks after this my parents received a letter in the mail from said band directors basically saying "thanks, but no thanks". I was rejected from band AND choir. I know, heartbreaking and has obviously left me with a scar ;) Soooo, back to present day.....at Kindermusik last week we received a box full of books, music CDs and some instruments. Tonight I was planning to look at the Home Activity Book more closely and THIS is what the first page holds. Ummm, I have NO idea how to read music. I make up my own music. And you want ME to teach Parker how to do what??? I believe this might be a job for Daddy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment