Monday, March 7, 2011

18-Month Appointment

Today was Parker's 18-month appointment with Dr. Eastman. Bryan joined us for this low-key appointment (meaning NO shots!).


Parker's current stats:
Weight: 27.8lbs
Height: 33 1/2"
Under 75th percentile (normal though)

We completed two developmental tests and both were normal. There are also no signs of Autism. As I mentioned there were no shots and we didn't even get a information sheet like we normally do. Our next appointment is in 6 months....when he turns TWO!

Parker has now been on Claritin for 7 days and seemed to get a little better for a couple days last week but Friday brought more colored drainage and a wet cough. He has also started having a lot of coughing fits. We are also 20+ days with diarrhea. Dr. Eastman checked Parker from head to toe, which Parker did not care for this time around. He has a sinus infection and allergies. We were prescribed an antibiotic that is suppose to be easy on the stomach and Singulair for the allergies. We can use Claritin or Zyrtec as needed. The Singulair is a preventative medication that we be given once daily until allergy season is over. Regarding the diarrhea, I was instructed to take the samples that we have to the lab in the morning. All tests so far have been normal so we'll see if anything shows up.

I went back and looked at my posts from last year around this time and in one of my posts I mentioned that there was no doubt in my mind that Parker has allergies. I guess we should have been expecting this. We will be on top of it next year, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment