Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Very BEAUTIFUL Day @ Home

It was a beautiful day out today! There was NO wind and it was just the right temperature. We could have spent all day outside but we had some errands and chores to do. We first finished up the menu for next week....it will be a VERY special week at the Veselka house for sure....and then we headed to the grocery store and then back home for lunch and a nap. After Parker woke from his nap, it was time to go outside.

I wanted to remind Parker about all the fun we had yesterday at the zoo. I printed some photos and we talked about what we learned. He was mesmerized by the pictures (not sure why) but all afternoon he kept going back and looking at them. When I asked him what he remembered from the zoo, he said "bububbles". That is his new word for water :) We then went outside and played for a LONG time at the water table (look at sweet Lizzie wanting in on the action....they loved sun-bathing):

Parker is washing the giraffe (just like the keeper was doing to the rhino yesterday). I love this! I will also mention that Parker was trying to feed the zebra and giraffe his snack. Anyway, back to the washing:

I know this is nothing big but it was HUGE to me. He was pouring water from cup to cup. I didn't know he could do this and I was amazed. OK, enough with the crazy-mom-moments:

After we dried up and had dinner, Bryan and Parker played in the backyard before bath time. Bryan showed Parker that he could scoop up the dirt (I finally went to check it out and was happy that there is not much dirt) and put it in his dump truck:

And to get him inside without a total meltdown, I gave him a (Dollar Tree) bunny game to play. It's basically just for him to put the bunny picks in each hole:

After a fun day at home, I am happy to report that Bryan has CLEAN clothes to wear to work and I am done with grocery shopping for next week. YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment