Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dallas Farmers Market

Today we ventured outside and took a trip to the Dallas Farmers Market in downtown Dallas. It was a beautiful day, no clouds in the sky and the best part....my boy did not sneeze once! YAY! We really had a good time checking out all the produce, plants and food the market had to offer. We tried a lot of different things and learned a lot as well.

Cheryl/Luke and Paula/Ian joined us and the boys had a good time playing and being silly.

I just had to get this picture for Bryan. When he saw this picture he said, "enjoy those azaleas there because we will NEVER have any". HEHE! If you know Bryan you know that he does NOT like azaleas!

Parker is eating his first orange....peel and all. Oranges are not big in our house and dummy me just gave Parker a slice of orange without peeling it. He didn't much care for it....

And another first, for both of us, was jicama. It apparently is like a potato and doesn't really have a lot of flavor. I had to rely on Cheryl and Paula to educate me on these fine root vegetables. There were samples with chili powder sprinkled on top and Parker seemed to enjoy it. I was told they are a good source of fiber.

After the boys ran around and we had lunch (and bought Bryan a mini chocolate bundt cake), we headed home. Parker fell asleep on the way home and had a 2 hour nap. I am so thankful for good friends, the sunshine and the medicine that is making my boy feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment